People who have been regular readers of my blog would probably know how much I love candles. I did a blog post about candles a few months back and I am here with one more post for all of you. In case you haven’t read my previous post you can find it HERE.
If you have read my previous post you would know I am allergic to overpowering fragrances. I love fragrances that are light and subtle and Chesapeake Bay Candle is one of my top favorite brands when it comes pleasant fragrances. I have tried too many brands and have always had an issue with the fragrance. Some brands have overpowering scents whereas others are so light that you can barely feel the fragrance. I tried the Mind & Body Collection by Chesapeake Bay Candle in March and ever since I tried them I am totally addicted to those candles. No doubt I am so fond of this brand!
I am a person who loves cute and decorative things like gift boxes, cupcakes and scented candles. I love the feeling of opening a beautiful smelling candle jar, dimming the lights and listening to music. It feels so relaxing and comforting when the entire house is filled with the aroma of beautiful candles.
5 Characteristics of candles
1) Soothing: When I was attending a meditation class few months back we were asked to stare at the candle’s flame to quiet our minds. This was the very first technique we were taught and it was so relaxing. A candle’s flame is known to soothe the soul and relax the mind.
2) Home decor: Candles look lovely when used as home decor. Adding a candle centerpiece to a living room makes the room look warm and welcoming to guests. Keeping candles in the kitchen helps in getting rid of food odors. Keeping candles in the bedroom creates a cozy environment.
3) Room fresheners & tension relievers: Candles are often used as room fresheners to add fragrance to your homes. They instantly uplift the mind and body and help in changing one’s mood. They instantly trigger positive or negative emotions depending on the fragrance. Aromatherapy candles are infused with essential oils and help in reducing anxiety and tension.
4) Talk about one’s personality: Candles also throw a light on your personality. Personalities come in all shapes and size, so do candles! Whether you like musk scents or lavender fragrances, your choice of scent says a lot about your personality.
5) Special occasions: Candles are used on special occasions like romantic dinners and birthdays and also make wonderful gifts.
Today I will also be speaking about the Heritage Collection of Chesapeake Bay Candle. This collection is so unique and full of beautiful fresh scents. The burn time of these candles is anything between 20 to 80 hours depending on the size of jar you purchase. If you love anything that smells fresh and warm and if you are looking for long lasting fragrance, you are definitely going to love these candles.
The detailed description of these candles are provided below:
SEA SALT & COCONUT: This candle captures notes of sun-kissed coconut shavings, sweet orange blossom, musk and earthy driftwood, reminiscent of a long summer day. It includes essential oils of pink grapefruit and orange.
BERGAMOT & CLOVER: This candle has sparkling top notes of bergamot, meyer lemon, and verbena which open a bright citrus bouquet and balance perfectly with the green heart of sage, garden thyme, clover and beach grass.
BLOOD ORANGE: This candle contains top notes of mandarin, blood orange & cranberry, middle notes of melon, passion flower and mango and bottom notes of honey, pepper cedarwood.
BAY COTTAGE: This is a comforting fragrance of cotton and fresh air and reminds us of a cottage by the Bay. It is inspired by local botanicals and fruits including sea grass, magnolia, bergamot, rosemary, sage, and more.
That will be everything in today’s post guys. Hope you all like this post. Do share your thoughts in the comments below.