I’m a person who loves recipes that are easy and quick to prepare. So today I’ll be sharing a very simple mocktail recipe that I have been enjoying since childhood: Apple and lemon mocktail! This is a very quick and refreshing recipe from my mom’s kitchen and turns out really nice when made with Envy Apples.
Serves 2 persons
1 Envy apple and a half
¼ cup of lemon juice
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Carbonated water/soda (Optional)
1. Cut half portion of Envy apple vertically into juliennes and keep these aside. You can add a little salt to these to prevent them from turning brown.
2. Cut 1 apple into 4 parts. Remove the seeds. Run the apple pieces through a grinder/juicer. Add little water if the mixture is too thick
3. Add 1 teapoon of powdered sugar to the apple juice or as per your taste
4. Add 1/4th cup of lemon juice to the mixture
5. Filter this juice through a sieve so that the pulp part of apple stays behind in the sieve and you get a lovely homogenous mixture of apple and lemon juice
7. Transfer this juice into mocktail glasses of your choice and add a pinch of cinnamon powder to each glass. Stir properly, add few cubes of ice and your Apple & Lemon Mocktail is ready!
8. (Optional) You can also add sparkling water/vodka/gin to this mocktail to make it more interesting for parties and meet-ups.
As a child I was a fan of this mocktail and used to ask my mom to prepare it whenever my friends would visit me. It is also a healthy drink option for children –as the saying goes: An Apple a Day Keeps The Doctor Away! I used Envy Apples in this recipe which all of you already know I am so fond of. You can find my previous recipe with Envy Apples here.
If you are interested in more such delicious recipes do check out the Envy Apple Cooking Class happening at Central Market in Dallas on Wednesday, Jan 16th 2019. They will be exploring a variety of dishes from breakfast to lunch and beyond. Be sure to sign up here.
Hope you all enjoyed this simple and healthy mocktail recipe. Let me know in the comments if you’d like me to share more of such recipe.